1 – Lakes are water-bodies formed naturally whereas reservoirs are artificial water bodies constructed by humans , either by damming a flowing river or by diverting water from a river to an artificial basin.

2 – A lake usually contains freshwater but some can be saltwater.

3 – Lakes also work to replenish groundwater , positively influence water quality of downstream watercourses , and preserve the biodiversity and habitat of the area.

4 – Lakes are highly valued for their recreationa l, aesthetic , scenic , and the water they contain is one of the most treasured of our natural resources.

5 – Lakes constitute important habitats and food resources for a diverse array of fish, aquatic life , and wildlife.

6 – Lake transportation is far cheaper than rail.

7 – Lakes are used by humans for many commercial purposes , including fishing , transportation , irrigation , industrial water supplies.

8 – More than 96.5 percent of the Earth’s water is in its oceans , leaving only about 3.5 percent of it on land. Furthermore , about 70 percent of this water is frozen in polar icecaps or glaciers. Most of the rest lies deep underground.

9 – Large lakes and reservoirs are used as drinking water supplies , household use and for agriculture.

10 – Aside from their importance for human use, lakes have intrinsic ecological and environmental values.

11 – They store water , thereby helping to regulate stream flow; recharge ground water aquifers; and moderate droughts.

12 – Proper lake function can ease the impact of floods and droughts by storing large amounts of water and releasing it during shortages.

13 – A lake moderates the surrounding region’s temperature and climate because water has a very high specific heat capacity. In the daytime a lake can cool the land beside it with local winds , resulting in a sea breeze; in the night it can warm it with a land breeze.

14 – Lakes are used to generate energy.

  • It is The Creator who has created the lakes for the benefit of man and animals.
  • It is The Creator who has made arrangement for the rains and rivers , so that they can supply fresh water to the lakes.
  • It is The Creator who brings everything from non-existence to existence.
  • The Creator is The One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return.
  • It is The Creator who is The Donor and the Bestower.
  • It is The Creator who is The Knowledgeable; The One nothing is absent from His knowledge.
  • It is The Creator who is The Most Gentle and The Most Gracious.
  • It is The Creator who is The One who is kind.