1 – A glacier is formed from compacted layers of snow , that slowly deforms and flows due to gravity.
2 – Glaciers play a crucial role in storing up and slowly releasing water , making it available during the dry season when there is almost no rain.
3 – In general , glaciers store water in winter and release it in summer.
4 – Glacier ice is the largest reservoir of fresh water on Earth , and second only to oceans as the largest reservoir of total water.
5 – 69 % of all the freshwater on earth is frozen as glaciers , ice or snow.
6 – Even though snow only falls in certain parts of the world , it plays an important role in Earth’s hydrologic cycle , and provides irrigation for crops and drinking water for communities that may be far downstream.
7 – Glaciers are the sources for many rivers , they provide drinking water and water for agriculture and industries.
8 – Ice and snow are also important in temperate and tropical areas. The slow melt from glaciers provides water to rivers and groundwaters supporting agriculture , domestic water supplies , hydroelectric power stations , and industry.
9 – Globally , the amount of fresh water locked up in poles and glaciers is staggering. Of that roughly 3 percent of the earth’s total of fresh water , around 69 percent is frozen in the poles and glaciers.
10 – Glaciers are the source for the cold ocean currents in the global ocean conveyor belt.
11 – If all of the glaciers in the world and the land ice melted , sea level would rise , according to certain scientists , approximately 70 meters (230 feet) worldwide.
12 – Glaciers keep our world from getting to hot.
13 – For example The glaciers in north India and Pakistan are a major source of fresh water to the rivers benefiting millions of people downstream.
14 – The polar ice caps regulate our global ocean circulation , so large ice sheets play a vital role in our climate.
- It is The Creator who has created the glaciers , the water , the rain and the oceans.
- The creator has not only created these things and left them abandoned but He has created a perfect mechanism for the water cycle.
- The glaciers , the water, the rain and the oceans cannot create themselves. And these thousands and millions of idols , statues and divinities ( that man has designed and sculpted himself and has made them gods,) have not created these the glaciers , the water , the rain and the oceans.
- It is The Creator who has created the glaciers , the water , the rain and the oceans. And He has coordinated the water cycle through these things , by a perfect mechanism , for the benefits of the creation.
- The Creator is The Perfectly Wise .
- The Creator is The Loving One.
- The Creator is The One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries.
- The One who is free from every imperfection.
- The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.