1 – Rivers begin at their source in higher ground such as mountains or hills , where rain water or melting snow collects and forms tiny streams.
2 – As the river flows downstream , it gains more water from other streams , rivers , springs , added rainfall , and other water sources.
3 – A river is freshwater flowing across the surface of the land.
4 – The great majority of rivers eventually flow into a larger body of water , like an ocean , sea , or large lake.
5 – Most settlements were built along major rivers.
6 – Rivers are used for drinking water , irrigation , bathing , washing , as a source of food , transporting goods , transporting people , disposing waste , making hydropower.
7 – Other animals use the river for food and drink. Birds eat small fish from the river. In Africa , animals such as antelopes , lions and elephants go to rivers for water to drink. Other animals such as bears catch fish from rivers.
8 – Many rare plants and trees grow by rivers.
9 – River valleys and plains provide fertile soils. Farmers in dry regions irrigate their cropland using water carried by irrigation ditches from nearby rivers.
10 – Fast flowing rivers and waterfalls are widely used as sources of energy , watermills and hydroelectric plants.
11 – Rivers carry water and nutrients to areas all around the earth. They play a very important part in the water cycle , acting as drainage channels for surface water. Rivers drain nearly 75 % of the earth’s land surface.
- Is it possible that the rivers came into existence by themselves ?
- And how can this be possible , because it need a lot of coordination between the oceans , clouds , winds , rain , the land , mountains , rocks and soil to complete the water cycle. And this is simply impossible , since they do not have intelligence and reasoning.
- It is The Creator who has created all these things. And it is The Creator who has coordinated the different steps to create the water cycle in perfect order , harmony and beauty.
- It is The Creator who has created the rivers with it’s benefits to mankind.
- He is The Supreme Bestower . He is The One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return.
- He is The Subtle One , The Gracious , The One who is kind to His slaves.
- He is The Magnificent One , The Great One , The Mighty. He is Pure from all imperfection.
- He is The Loving One.
- He is The Most Glorious One , The One who is with perfect Power , High Status , Compassion , Generosity and Kindness.