Nutritious: gourd ( calabash ) contains 95% water , along with vitamin C and iron. It has 2 mg of sodium and 170 mg of potassium , which makes it the best vegetable for hypertensive individuals. Since the bottle gourd has low cholesterol and fat content , individuals with digestive issues and diabetics are recommended to eat this particular vegetable regularly.
Fiber: The fiber found in this cooling vegetable makes it useful in preventing and also treating digestive issues like flatulence and constipation.
Cooling properties: Being low in calories and high in dietary fiber , gourd has a high water content which cools down the body in summer just like watermelon.
Prevent acidity: The insoluble fiber helps in piles while the soluble fiber in gourd keeps acidity at bay.
Treats urinary ailments: Helps in neutralizing the acid content in acidic urine and reducing the burning sensation of the urinary tract. It also has the ability of eliminating kidney stones from the body.
Reduces Fatigue: Gourd also drives away fatigue and stress, especially during summer.
Weight Loss: The high water and fiber content of gourd makes it an effective agent for fighting obesity. 95% of gourd is water and per 100g of gourd contains just 15 calories.
For Teeth and Hair: Gourd being rich in calcium , works wonders for tooth decay and premature greying of hair.
Curing Insomnia: It is an effective cure against insomnia. So if you are suffering from irregular sleep patterns , do make it a point to include gourd in your diet.
Diabetes: Gourd is also very good for diabetic patients and those suffering from diarrhea.
Antidote for Bronchitis and Asthma: Besides combating cardiac ailments , gourd also serves as an antidote for alleviating bronchitis and asthma.
Liver Dysfunction: Gourd prevents the inflammation of the liver and thus facilitates the proper functioning of the liver by lowering blood sugar and keeping toxins away.
Blood Pressure and Heart Problems: Eating gourd regularly reduces the high blood pressure as well as cholesterol levels and lowers the risk of heart disease.
- So how the gourd has come into existence ?
- The gourd cannot come into existence by itself !The uniformity , technicalities and precisions in the nutrients , minerals and vitamins in the gourd shows that there is an intelligent and All powerful Creator who has created it.
- And when we see all these benefits in the gourd we come to the point that there is a Creator who is Great , Powerful , Sympathetic , Kind , Gentle and full of Compassion and Love.
- In the beauty , harmony and uniformity in the creation of the fruit , vegetables, animals and every creation in the universe , there is the manifestation of The Creator’s Greatness , Power , Sympathy , Kindness , Gentleness , Compassion and Love.
He is Allaah, the Creator , the Shaper out of nothing , the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him , and He is the Mighty , the Wise. ( Qura’n 59: verse 24) AL-KHÂLIQ The Creator is among the most beautiful names of The Creator.
- He is The Creator , The All Beneficent , The Most Merciful in Essence , The Most Compassionate and The Most Gracious.
- The Creator’s Mercy encompasses all His creation. And He is Extremely Merciful . And He descend upon all His creation infinite bounties and favours.
- He is The Creator of everything. He is The Guardian over everything.
- The Creator is One , without partner in His Dominion and His Actions , One without similitude in His essence and attributes , and One without rival in His Divinity and in Worship.
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
A tailor invited Allaah’s Messenger(peace be upon him) to a meal which he had prepared. I went along with Allaah’s Messenger(peace be upon him) and saw him seeking to eat the pieces of gourd from the various sides of the dish. Since that day I have liked to eat gourd.