1 – Heat can only be transferred through three means: conduction , convection and radiation. Of these , conduction is perhaps the most common , and occurs regularly in nature.
2 – Conduction is the transfer of heat between substances that are in direct contact with each other. The better the conductor , the more rapidly heat will be transferred.
3 – Conduction occurs when a substance is heated , particles will gain more energy , and vibrate more. These molecules then bump into nearby particles and transfer some of their energy to them. This then continues and passes the energy from the hot end down to the colder end of the substance.
4 – All matter is made up of molecules and atoms. The motion of atoms and molecules creates heat or thermal energy. All matter has this thermal energy. The more motion the atoms or molecules have the more heat or thermal energy they will have.
There are two main types of conduction:
- Conduction of heat
- Conduction of electricity.
5 – Conduction of heat occurs when molecules increase in temperature; they vibrate , and this vibration and movement passes the heat energy to the surrounding molecules.
6 – Conduction of electricity occurs due to the movement of electrically charged particles through a medium. This movement can result in an electric current , which may be carried by electrons or ions. An example of electrical conduction is when electricity passes through wires , which are conductors .
7 – In general , if an object is a good conductor of heat , it usually follows that the object is also a good conductor of electricity. Materials are classified as good conductors if they allow the flow of charged particles and electrical energy to freely pass through them.
8 – Some examples of good conductors are generally metals, such as silver , copper , iron , and aluminum. Their degree of conductivity differs based on the type of metal.
9 – The most commonly used form of heat transfer in the home is conduction .
10 – The best example of conduction in the home is cooking , something essential in every household. Food in a pan is heated from the gas or electric supply underneath. The pan is made from steel , copper or iron as these are good conductors of heat. The temperature created by the gas or electricity is easily transferred to the substance in the pan. The main part of the oven also uses conduction in conjunction with convection.
11 – A ceramic coffee cup filled with hot tea or coffee also exhibits conduction , which transfers the heat of the liquid into the material of the cup.
12 – A basic household radiator is another prime example of conduction , but also uses radiation to heat rooms. The heat created when a radiator is conducted into the room through the metal , which is a good conductor , but the room itself is then heated by a central point , through radiation.
13 – When you get sick and you use a mercury thermometer to measure your temperature , you are using the metal tip of the thermometer to transfer your body heat to the mercury. Mercury is used in thermometers as it is a good conductor.
14 – When it is too hot , you can take a cold shower to transfer the heat of your body to the cold water , cooling you down. The same applies when you use a fan , but instead of water you use air.
- The examples above show how important is conduction in our life.
- So how such an important thing as conduction came into existence , for the benefice of creation ?
- Conduction has not created itself because it does not has an intellect , nor reasoning and neither a will.
- It is Only The Creator who has created conduction for the benefice of the creation.
- The Creator who is The Originator of all things . He creates without model or material.
- The Creator who is The Inventor of all things. He creates without model or material.
- The Creator is The One who is Totally Aware of everything.
- He is The One from whom no secret information is hidden , for nothing goes on the realms of heaven or earth , no atoms moves , without his being aware of it.
- The Creator is The Ruler. He is The One who Plans the affairs of creation and Rules them. And He take complete charge of them.
- Design indicates that there must be a designer. When we see a beautiful picture of a flower , we conclude that there must be a artist who made the picture .
- And how come when we see the beauty , harmony , peace and uniformity in the creation , we say it chance or accidental product!! That do not make sense.
- Man reasoning and intelligence brings him to one point: There must be a Creator.
- And The Creator is The Most Great and Most Powerful.
- And the Creator must be Alone , without associate and partner!!