1 – Around 78% of the atmosphere is nitrogen.
2 – Nitrogen is also found in all living organisms and is indispensable for survival of life on Earth.
3 – The nitrogen cycle , in which atmospheric nitrogen is converted into different organic compounds , is one the most crucial natural processes to sustain living organisms.
4 – For Nitrogen to be used by different life forms on Earth , it must change into different states. Nitrogen in the atmosphere , or air , is N2. Other important states of nitrogen include Nitrates (N03) , Nitrites (NO2) , and Ammonium (NH4).
The Processes in the Nitrogen Cycle are :-
5 – Fixation – Fixation is the first step in the process of making nitrogen usable by plants. Here bacteria change nitrogen into ammonium.
6 – Nitrification – This is the process by which ammonium gets changed into nitrates by bacteria. Nitrates are what the plants can then absorb.
7 – Assimilation – This is how plants get nitrogen. They absorb nitrates from the soil into their roots. Then the nitrogen gets used in amino acids , nucleic acids , and chlorophyll.
8 – Ammonification – This is part of the decaying process. When a plant or animal dies , decomposers like fungi and bacteria turn the nitrogen back into ammonium so it can reenter the nitrogen cycle.
9 – Denitrification – Extra nitrogen in the soil gets put back out into the air. There are special bacteria that perform this task as well.
10 – Why is nitrogen important to life? Plants and animals could not live without nitrogen. It is an important part of many cells and processes such as amino acids , proteins , and even our DNA. It is also needed to make chlorophyll in plants , which plants use in photosynthesis to make their food and energy.
- When we see the functions of the nitrogen , different ideas come to the mind. May be the nitrogen has fought or competed with the other elements and gases , so that it got the acquired importance in this world. Or may it got it’s functions through peaceful meeting with the other elements and gases???
- And be the nitrogen created itself ! But how it knew that it needed such amount of protons , neutron and electrons ?
- The answer is : NO , Nothing like that happened for it is clear that the nitrogen do not have a life nor it has a will , nor intelligence and neither a conscience. It is the Creator who has the created the nitrogen and programmed it’s functions.
- It is only the creator who has created everything , what we see everywhere in this world , and things that we do not see also in the universe and out of the universe.
- The Creator is the All Beneficent , The Most Merciful and The Most Compassionate , The Most Gracious. He is the Absolute Ruler. He is The Highest. He is The Greatest. He is The Preserver. He is The Possessor of All Strength.
- All Majesty and Perfection Is for The Creator Only. The Creator is The Shaper of Beauty. The Creator is The Maker of Order in His creation and we can see His Sympathy , Kindness , Gentleness , Compassion and Love manifests to the most perfect level with His Creation.