1 – Bacteria are single-celled organisms.
2 – They come in all sorts of shapes including rods , spirals , and spheres.
3 – They can live almost everywhere on earth from near boiling water , to the deepest ocean , inside the rock and even in ice. They are adapted to living in conditions of extreme temperature and pressure. These bacteria can survive where no other organism can.
4 – A gram of soil typically contains about 40 million bacterial cells.
5 – A milliliter of fresh water usually holds about one million bacterial cells.
6 – Your body is full of bacteria , There are more bacteria in your intestine than there are people on earth. They are usually friendly and actually help us in lots of ways.
7 – Their cell structure is unique in that they don’t have a nucleus and most bacteria have cell walls similar to plant cells. Here are some fascinating facts you should know about bacteria :
8 – DNA : contains all the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of the bacterium. It is inside the cytoplasm.
9 – Flagellum : this is used for movement; to propel the cell. Some bacterial cells have more than one.
10 – Pili : these spikes allow the cell to stick to surfaces and transfer genetic material to other cells.
11 – Plasma membrane : it generates energy and transports chemicals. Substances can pass through the membrane (permeable). It is located within the cell wall.
12 – When bacteria do not have enough resources they can reproduce by forming spores. Spores can remain dormant for centuries before becoming new bacteria , when conditions are appropriate.
13 – Bacteria are very helpful to us. They play an important role in the planet’s ecosystem.
14 – Bacteria work hard in the soil for us. One type of bacteria , called decomposers , break down material from dead plants and animals.
15 – Another type of bacteria in the soil is Rhizobium bacteria. Plants cannot extract nitrogen from the air. Rhizobium bacteria helps to fertilize the soil with nitrogen for plants to use when growing.
16 – Bacteria thicken yogurt and cheese.
17 – Bacteria in the digestive system are crucial for the breakdown of certain types of nutrients , such as complex sugars , into forms the body can use.
18 – Friendly bacteria also protect us from dangerous ones by occupying places in the body the pathogenic (disease causing) bacteria want attach to. Some friendly bacteria actually come to the rescue and attack the pathogens.
19 – A single bacterium divides itself first in two, which two become four , then eight , and continues doubling in that way. Millions of bacteria can thus arise from a single one in 10 to 12 hours.
20 – Most bacteria aren’t dangerous , but some are and can make us sick. These bacteria are called pathogens. Pathogens can cause diseases in animals and plants.
21 – Some bacteria are harmless on their own , but when begin to reproduce in food , they start secreting poisonous toxins , which then lead to food poisoning.
- How the bacteria , so small but is so beneficial to human. May be the community of bacteria have made a meeting and they have decided to help human being? How they have been created? Did they created themselves?
- No these questions never arise because the bacteria do not have intelligence , will and reasoning. It is the Creator who created the bacteria with such complexities and to be beneficial to human.
- The Creator is the One Whose Knowledge encompasses all the secret and hidden matters , Who is Aware of all that is hidden (in the deepest depths of the heavens and the earth) and is Aware of everything down to the most minute and finest details.
- The One Who is Kind to his mankind guiding them to that which would benefit them and aid them via means that they are not aware , this by His Kindness and Beneficence.
- The Creator is The One who is pure from any imperfection.
- He is The One that nothing happens in His Dominion except that which He willed.
- He is The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.
- He is The Great One , The Mighty , The One deserving the attributes of Exaltment , Glory , Extolement , and Purity from all imperfection.
- He is The Generous One , The Gracious , The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.
- He is The Most Glorious One , The One who is with perfect Power , High Status , Compassion , Generosity and Kindness.
- He is The Praiseworthy , The praised One who deserves to be praised.
- He is The Unique, The One , The One without a partner.
- He is The Incomparable , The One who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example.