1 – Similar to other citrus fruits ( e.g pomelo , tangerine , mandarin ) oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C , which is a powerful natural antioxidant. This vitamin is required for developing resistance against infectious agents.
2 – Oranges contain Vitamin B6 that stimulates the production of haemoglobin , which is known to carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
3 – Helps Prevent Cancer: Oranges are rich in citrus limonoids , proven to help fight a number of varieties of cancer including that of the skin , lung , breast , stomach and colon. Vitamin C rich foods , such as oranges , are known to lower the incidence of peptic ulcers , which in turn , decrease the risk of developing stomach cancer.
4 – Prevents Kidney Diseases: Drinking orange juice regularly prevents kidney diseases and reduces the risk of kidney stones.
5 – Lowers Cholesterol: Since they are full of soluble fiber , oranges are helpful in lowering cholesterol.
6 – Boosts Heart Health: Oranges are full of potassium , responsible for helping the heart function well.
7 – Lowers Risk of Disease: Oranges are full of vitamin C which protects cells by neutralizing free radicals. Free radicals cause chronic diseases , like cancer and heart disease.
8 – Relieves Constipation: Oranges are full of dietary fiber which stimulates digestive juices and relieves constipation.
9 – Regulates High Blood Pressure: Oranges helps regulate high blood pressure and the magnesium in oranges helps maintain blood pressure.
10 – Protects Skin: Oranges are full of beta-carotene , a powerful antioxidant protecting the cells from being damage which also protects the skin from free radicals and prevents the signs of aging.
11 – Oranges like all fruits have simple sugars in them , but the orange has a glycemic index of 40. Anything under 55 is considered low. This means as long as you don’t eat a lot of oranges at one time, they won’t spike your blood sugar and cause problems with insulin or weight gain.
12 – Anti-cholesterol: Almost all the anti-cholesterol compounds in oranges are found in the peels. These compounds help combat the LDL or ‘bad’ cholesterol in our bodies that form clots and plaque culminating in clogged heart arteries.
Therefore, including orange peels in your diet can lower the total cholesterol levels in the body.
13 – Digestive Problems : Orange peels contain a lot of dietary fiber. 100 grams contain at least 10.6 grams of it.
Fiber is useful for preventing irritable bowel syndrome including constipation and bloating. You can prepare a relaxing tea with orange peel extract to soothe your digestive system.14 – Respiratory Conditions: The anti-oxidants in oranges , especially vitamin C , may help avert numerous respiratory problems such as bronchitis , colds , flu , asthma , and lung cancer.
- The Creator has specially created these fruits and vegetables for the benefits for mankind.
- The Creator is The One who forms and fashions His creation however He wishes. The One who gives form to everything in existence. Giving each created thing a particular form and appearance , properties and benefits which distinguishes it from all other created things.
- He is The Creator , The originator and The shaper.
- He is The One who created all that is in existence , who made everything correct and in its place in accordance to His Wisdom.
- He is The One Who shaped it in accordance to His Praise and wisdom. He is continuously doing so.
- He is The One who provides for the whole of creation and whatever they need.
- He is The Lord and Master , the Owner of the whole creation.