1 – Fig is rich in natural health benefiting phyto-nutrients , anti-oxidants and vitamins. Dried figs , are highly concentrated source of minerals and vitamins.
2 – Fig fruit is low in calories. 100 g fresh fruits carry only 74 calories. However , they contain health benefiting soluble dietary fiber , minerals , vitamins , and anti-oxidants that contribute immensely towards optimum health and wellness.
3 – Dried figs are an excellent source of minerals , vitamins and anti-oxidants. In fact , dried figs possess higher concentrations of energy , minerals and vitamins. 100 g dried figs provide 249 calories.
4 – Fresh figs contain adequate levels of some of the anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin A , E , and K. Altogether these phyto-chemical compounds in fig fruit help scavenge harmful oxygen derived free radicals from the human body and thereby protect us from cancers , diabetes , degenerative diseases and infections.
5 – Furthermore , research studies suggest that chlorogenic acid in the figs help lower blood sugar levels and control blood-glucose levels in type-II diabetes mellitus.
6 – Fresh , as well as dried figs contain good levels of B-complex group of vitamins such as niacin , pyridoxine , folates , and pantothenic acid. These vitamins function as co-factors for metabolism of carbohydrates , proteins , and fats.
7 – Dried figs are an excellent sources of minerals like calcium , copper , potassium , manganese , iron , selenium and zinc. 100 g of dried figs contain 680 mg of potassium , 162 mg of calcium , and 2.03 mg of iron. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is essential for red blood cell formation as well for cellular oxidation.
8 – Building Stronger Bones: The content of calcium in figs is much higher than any other plant-based food, with the exception of oranges. A 100 gram serving of fresh figs has double the amount of calcium that can be found in milk. Moreover , the magnesium and Vitamin K present in dried figs makes them great for increasing bone density. Hence, conditions like osteoporosis can be avoided by the regular consumption of figs.
9 – Improving Heart Condition: Potassium and magnesium are great for the health of the heart and therefore , eating figs can help avoid heart-related diseases.
10 – Weight Loss: The fiber content in figs is very high , which is very helpful , in losing weight. A fig juice weight loss diet would help cut down on unnecessary calories , but still provide the body , with the required nutrition.
11 – Controlling High Blood Pressure: Foods that are high in potassium are generally recommended to reduce blood pressure. Figs are very high in potassium , making them a must for people who suffer from hypertension.
12 – Fighting Asthma: The consumption of figs can help drain the accumulation of phlegm in the body , which reduces the occurrence of severe coughs and asthma attacks.
13 – Breaking Constipation: The tough skin and the cellulose content found in figs make them a natural and dependable laxative.
- When we observe the benefits of the fig , we come to the conclusion that the fruits is specially created for health benefit of mankind.
- So who created the fig?
- The beauty , harmony and the orderly way the fig , the other fruits , vegetables and all the creation has been created shows that its Creator must be one.
- Because , if there were two or more creators , then they would produce different and divergent effects.
- Because , if there were two or more creators they would have different wills and plans , and that would necessarily cause disorder , leading to ultimate destruction throughout the system of the heavens and the earth.
- But the beauty , harmony , peace and the existing order of the universe shows that there is one and only one God.
- He is The God , The Creator , The Guardian. He who watches over and protects all things.